VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
PentaCast is an independent custom die cast, permanent mold casting facility located in Strathroy, ON.
We are currently looking to fill a Moulder position within our growing company. If you’re looking to learn a new, in-demand skillset that includes working with your hands and problem solving, machine operation, and molten metal handling, this is the role for you.
Wage & Hours: Full-time, permanent position. Competitive pay rate and benefits plan
- Learning the process of making castings and safely operating in a metal casting environment
- Documenting information for process control
- Building knowledge various products and processes
- Learning the proper methods for the various activities of the metal casting process
- Identifying non-conformities and production issues and initiating action to prevent the occurrence or recurrence of non-conformances
- Identifying & reporting any problems relating to the product, process and quality management system to their leaders
- Ensuring processes are performed to the parameters as outlined on the Process Sheets/Work Instructions
- Performing inspection and tests in accordance with work instructions and the Control Plans
- Documenting results of in-process inspections and tests performed on the Identification and Traceability Cards
- Performing other duties as required
- Previous experience in an industrial or metal casting environment is ideal
- Strong attention to detail and ability learn new skills
- We will look to you to develop a working understanding of our foundry processes, operate equipment and activities in a safe manner, focus on producing high quality product that meets internal and customer requirements, and contribute to ongoing continuous improvement activities.
- General learning ability to set up & operate machines to cast non-ferrous metal products (previous machine operation experience a bonus)
- Motor coordination & manual dexterity to safely handle ladles & pour molten metal into Moulds to produce castings
- Strong attention to detail to produce products to standards and examine products for defects
- Ability to follow precise instructions and fully document inspection and test results
- Commitment to a very high quality of work
- Physically capable of lifting up to 20 kgs and working under hot, odorous, and noisy conditions
- A successful candidate is committed to working in a highly safety conscious manner, genuinely interested in learning the metal casting process, and is dedicated to the highest standards of quality.
Interested applicants, please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line.
We would like to thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.