- Community Employment Choices
16B Second Street
- Hours: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Monday - Friday
- Call us: 519-245- 4500 or 1-888- 478-2111
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Employment Choices
Since 1999, Community Employment Choices has provided employment services to the residents and businesses located in Middlesex County under the community sponsorship of the not-for- profit agency, Quad County Support Services.
Our Mission & Philosophy
Community Employment Choices supports businesses and job seekers in meeting the labour market needs of Middlesex County with: job training information, career planning, job search support, job placement opportunities and incentives, as well as referrals to community resources. We believe in the potential of individuals who are engaged in the working life of this region and believe that everyone deserves quality and timely services, supports and up to date information.
Community Employment Choices recognizes and respects the importance of our relationship with clients in achieving our mission. Our goal is to ensure that our client’s needs are identified and paired with the most appropriate and effective services.
Our Commitment to You
- We will treat you with courtesy and respect at all times
- We offer a knowledgeable team of professionals dedicated to improving the economic health of our community
- Our program standards are of the highest quality and in accordance with the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development guidelines. We will comply with the Federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) as well as the Provincial Health Information Protection Act, Bill 31 and any other Federal, Provincial and Municipal Privacy Laws.
- We will also follow the Canadian Standards Association’s Model Code for the protection of personal information
What you can do to help us serve you effectively
It is very important for Community Employment Choices to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of our programs. Because of this we count on you to:
- Build positive relationships with staff and other clients based on mutual respect
- To disclose all information pertaining to your employment goals
- To respect deadlines and take responsibility for your employment goals
- To advise us of any changes to your contact information including phone number, mailing address and email address
- To advise us of any changes in your personal or employment situation that may affect participation
- To maintain contact after you have left – we care about your ongoing success
- To provide us with feedback, both positive and negative, so we can continually improve our services.
Community Employment Choices will comply with the Federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) as well as the Provincial Health Information Protection Act, Bill 31 and any other Federal, Provincial and Municipal Privacy Laws.
Community Employment Choices will follow the Canadian Standards Association’s Model Code for the protection of personal information.
The Ten Principles
Community Employment Choices is responsible for personal information under its control and shall designate an individual or individuals who are accountable for compliance with the following principles.
The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified by Community Employment Choices at or before the time the information is collected.
The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except when inappropriate.
The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by Community Employment Choices. Information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
LIMITED USE, DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION
Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for fulfillment of those purposes or as an Act(s) deems to be required.
Personal information shall be accurate, complete, and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
Community Employment Choices shall make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
An individual shall be able to address a challenge about compliance with the above principles to the designated individual or individuals for Community Employment Choices compliance.
Client Gievance Policy
We believe that a transparent grievance process for our customers is required to respond to any issues or disagreements concerning services provided by Community Employment Choices. If a client has any concern about their experience with Community Employment Choices, they are encouraged to discuss this with the Manager who can provide information on further procedures if required.
Please forward comments to:
Bill Pigram, Manager
Community Employment Choices
16B Second Street
Strathroy ON N7G 3H8
519-245- 4500, ext. 201
Your suggestions and complaints are appreciated. They represent our opportunity to improve our services and meet your needs. We will respond to your input within three working days.