VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Dietary Planner posted by YMCA of Southwestern Ontario
St Vincent YMCA Child Care is looking for a Dietary Planner to join their team.
The dietary planner plans menus, orders groceries, and prepares meals/snacks for the childcare center and YMCA School-age programs nearby:
- To ensure compliance with Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and Health Department regulations
- YMCA of Southwestern Ontario policy and procedures.
- Responsible for ordering and purchasing food for programs while maintaining budget requirements.
- Primarily preparing nutritious snacks and meals for a 56-space facility and provide snack support to local YMCA School Age Programs.
- Strong knowledge of the Canada Food Guide, to plan meals and meet the individual needs of each child’s diet due to health or religious restrictions.
- Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work.
- To participate in the consultation, problem-solving and sharing of resources with Director, center team and other department dietary planners
- Hold a Valid Food Handler’s Certification recognized by public health is required
- Hold a current Standard First Aid & CPR Level- C Certificate (from an approved WSIB approved agency) or proof of enrollment in a course within the next 3 months
- Current successful Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 6 months
- (Must be 18 years and older) or receipt of application
- Food Preparation experience preferred
Starting from $14.25 per hour (annual salary $27,787.50)
Benefits package - upon successful completion of their 90-day probationary period
Pension - upon successful completion of their 90-day probationary period and employee participation
- A YMCA personal membership at our health and fitness branches
- A discount on our Child Care and Camp programs
- Vacation entitlement in accordance with the employment standards regulations
- 10 paid personal days per year
Submit your cover letter, resume, and applicable attachments (First Aid certificate or proof of application and Food Handler Certificate to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate position CESDPSTV2021 when submitting the application