VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Treasurer posted by Municipality of North Middlesex
The Municipality of North Middlesex is hiring for a Full Time opportunity in their Finance Department for an experienced and motivated individual. Offering both a small urban and a rural countryside experience, North Middlesex is home to 6,700 residents, and is a community committed to providing an excellent quality of life. We are a community of abundant talent, rich history, natural beauty and bountiful resources. Working within our Strategic Plan, to lead, live and invest in a dynamic, inclusive community, and committing to our values of Community, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration and Stewardship, the successful candidate is a member of our Senior Staff and will report to the Chief Administrative Officer. This position supervises the Supervisor of Revenue and Taxation, the Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk as well as overseeing the Departmental staff involved in taxation, cash and accounting processes in the office. If you want to be part of a forward-thinking and innovative team, this is the place you want to be. An essential member of the Senior Management team, responsible for managing the administration of the Municipality’s accounting activities to ensure accounting procedures are delivered in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements. The Treasurer is a strategic thinker with a view to long-term planning.
REPORTS TO: Chief Administrative Officer
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours/week
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: (Direct) Supervisor of Revenue and Taxation, A/P Payroll Clerk, (Indirect) Departmental staff involved in taxation, cash and accounting processes in office.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Supervision of 2 full time staff
- Coordinates and leads the annual budget process, develop long-term capital/operating budget forecasts
- Working with the Municipal auditors preparing working papers, documents and consolidated financial statements for year end.
- Responsible for GL, completing the Financial Information Return and Municipal Performance Measurement Program return.
- Prepares Tangible Capital Assets yearly summaries including additions, disposals and amortization.
- Maintain asset inventory in compliance with PSAB
- Development, amendment and monitoring of various financial and administrative policies
- Responsible for monitoring the financial affairs of the Municipality to ensure the budgetary guidelines are maintained.
- Prepare quarterly reporting to Council.
- A post-secondary education or university degree in Accounting or Business Administration, coupled with a professional accounting designation (CPA)
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant experience, ideally in a municipal environment.
- Working knowledge of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and fund accounting.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
- A working knowledge of PSAB Section 3150, Tangible Capital Assets preferred.
- Experience managing and processing (with a third party auditor) and complete the Financial Information Return on behalf of the municipality.
- Experience working with an accounting software system; Questica and CityWide Asset Manager software would be a preferred asset.
- The ability to analyze and investigate problems and make recommendations for improvements.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Keystone(preferred).
- Demonstrated strong public relations and communication skills.
- Employee must be available to work outside regular working hours when needed.
The salary for this position is competitive and will reflect the level of experience of the candidate. Salary Range - $84,475 - $102,775 (35 hours/week). North Middlesex also offers a comprehensive employee benefit plan and participation in OMERS.How to Apply
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the Municipality of North Middlesex please apply for this position by submitting your cover letter and resume in PDF format on or before April 28, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TENTATIVE START DATE: June 2021
We thank all candidates in advance, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Municipality of North Middlesex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations will be provided upon request in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Personal information is collected under the authority of he Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will only be used for the purposes of the candidate selection.About Employer
North Middlesex is a progressive, thriving municipaltiy offering both a small urban and a rural countryside experience. The Treasurer is an essential member of our Senior Management Team, responsible for managing the administration of the Municipality's accounting activities.