VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Personal Care Provider
A local family in Strathroy is offering a very rewarding opportunity to work one-on-one with their daughter, a sweet, fun-loving young lady in Strathroy. MA loves listening to stories, watching movies, swimming and bird watching. A great day for her would include spending time with an energetic friend, reading and joking around with others. She also loves short car rides involving a fun adventurous outing in the community.
- Complete personal care – feeding, dressing, hygiene, toileting
- Medicine administration as directed by family
- Facilitate home-based leisure activities – books, music, movies
- Escort and engage in fun community outings as permitted and reasonable under current COVID restrictions
- Part-time, Monday-Thursday, 7am-12pm (total of 20hrs/week)
- Expected start date: ASAP
- Ability to work in a family home and community taking direction from family
- Experience with JG tubes required
- Familiarity with seizure care preferred
- Must be reliable and committed
- Must be respectful and confidential in nature
- Valid First Aid/CPR certification, criminal record check and three references are required
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disability preferred
- Drivers License and vehicle required due to lack of accessible public transportation.
- Candidates with PSW/DSW certification will be given preference
The ideal candidate will be an outgoing person who likes to have fun, joke and enjoy time with a young adult. Training as needed will be provided by the family and PHSS.
It is mandatory that PPE face mask be worn during all shifts (provided).Salary Details
Salary: $20-22/hourHow to Apply
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org describing why you would be a great fit for this opportunity.