VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
MUNICIPALITY OF THAMES CENTRE EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
Thames Centre, is a modern thriving Municipality situated on the eastern boundary of the city of London, Ontario. We offer the convenience of urban living with the less hectic pace of life in a community where neighbours and friends are often the same people. Our proximity to highways 401, 402 and 403 make Thames Centre's geographic location an ideal place to live, work and play.
Thames Centre invites qualified applicants for the full-time position of Equipment Operator. Under the direction of the Transportation Superintendent, provide a variety of construction, maintenance and repair services to roads, municipal landfill site, drainage and adjacent public property for the safety and convenience of the public.
MAIN DUTIES - NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Responsible for conducting general maintenance and construction functions for roads and other Public Works operations including, but not limited to, such works as snow removal, salting and sanding, grass mowing, brushing and tree trimming and removal, ditching, stone and fill hauling, catch basin cleaning, debris and litter pick up, road patching, road sweeping, shoulder maintenance, road resurfacing, repair and patching of washouts, grading and scarifying, dust layer application and gravel resurfacing, sign installation, culvert installation and repair, sidewalk installation and repair, flood damage and control, guidepost, rails and barricades and other traffic control devices.
- Assists other municipal departments on an “as-needed” basis including (but not limited to) the Landfill and waste site, Community Services and Cemetery maintenance.
- Capable of driving and operating various pieces of equipment including loaders, backhoes, lawn mowers etc.
- Maintain municipal roads and sidewalks in good condition during winter months by sanding and salting, snow plowing and shoveling.
- May be required to respond to emergencies such as snow removal, watermain breaks and sewer blockages. Maintains vehicles and equipment in good condition, performing repairs, daily inspections, and any other needed maintenance and documenting records accurately.
- Completion of work orders, time sheets and other required forms for inventory purposes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- O.A.C. (Grade 12).
- Minimum Class D licence (Z endorsement).
- Previous construction, snow plow and equipment operator experience.
- Good interpersonal skills.
The full time position works 42 hours a week. Overtime may be required from time to time to address weather or construction related matters. Work may entail activities in all weather conditions.Salary Details
This position is paid in accordance with the current Collective AgreementHow to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume outlining qualifications and experience by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, July 10, 2020 to:
Carlos Reyes, MPA, MEng(c), P.Eng Director of Public Works
Municipality of Thames Centre
4305 Hamilton Rd. Dorchester, ON, N0L 1G3
The Municipality of Thames Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. All applicants are thanked for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be further contacted. Information gathered is under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used for candidate selection purposes.