VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Public Works Equipment Operator/Labourer
Public Works Equipment Operator/Labourer position reports to the Roads Supervisor and performs a variety of duties in connection with road maintenance, drain repair, and maintaining equipment and facilities. This position will also assist other departments of the municipality when needed. this will include water, waste water and park activities.
- Assist with construction and maintenance on municipal infrastructure including road, sidewalk, water main, sanitary sewers and storm drain projects
- Performs winter activities including snowploughing and sanding
- Cut and clear brush and trees from roadsides. Removes debris, rubbish and dead animals from roadsides and adjacent areas. Replace or instll street signs
- Maintains weed control, includes grass cutting and string line trimming on roads and at various Township facilities
- Operates machinery and equipment. This includes but not limited to tandem dump truck, backhoe, grader and tractor. Operates power tools including but not limited to chain saw, power washer and cutoff saw
- Maintains equipment, vehicles and tools in safe operating condition by following acceptable maintenance and servicing schedules including daily inspections and oil changes
- Assist the road supervisor by recommending and reporting major repairs that have been discovered through inspections both on roads and equipment
- Responds to complaints from the public and if appropriate forwards complaints to the Road Supervisor
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Most work is performed outdoors when maintaining and constructing municipal infrastructure or road works operations. Will be required to work in inclement weather conditions. Will be exposed to hazardous conditions or products at times. Personal Protective Equipment will be required to be worn at all times when needed.
- Normal work is 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday. Evening and/or weekend work will be required at times. This position is on call for responding to weather related road conditions, emergency requests and water main breaks.
For more information, please visit http://www.lucanbiddulph.on.ca for full job description including required qualifications.Education RequirementSecondary School Diploma Experience Requirement
- Secondary school graduate or equivalent with two (2) years experience in construction or municipal road works, including snow removal experience
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of heavy and medium equipment, vehicles and machinery used in operations and maintenance functions
- Knowldge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Traffic Control Training
- Chainsaw Certification
- Good communication and public relations skills in order to deal tactfully with the public
- Must hold a minimum DZ drivers license. Must have a clear Driver's Abstract.
$23.39 - $27.37 per hour
Pay Status: Hourly (40 hours per week) / Overtime as requiredHow to Apply
Interested applicants are asked to submit resumes to:
Jeff Little, Public Works Manager at email@example.com prior to October 28, 2019.About Employer
The Municipality of Lucan Biddulph is an equal opportunity employer. Disability related accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Personal information collected in response to this advertisement is collected under the authority s.9 of the Municipal Act, 2001 S.O. 2001, c.25, as amended to determine eligibility for employment with the Municipality of Lucan Biddulph.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.