VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
WeedMD is looking for a Security Guard with excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills, working knowledge of computer systems, CCTV experience, a positive attitude and the ability to provide excellent service, security and protection for our employees, contractors and visitors. As a front-line representative of WeedMD, the successful candidate must be highly reliable, work well under pressure, able to work with minimal supervision and have the ability to multi task.
- Maintain surveillance of surrounding area, respond to alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Interact with and assist external emergency services.
- Ensure that the Facility’s Safety and Emergency Procedures are followed in response to Fire Alarms and other Site Emergencies.
- Detect and correct fire and safety hazards. Prepare written reports on all activities including pro-active reports on observed deficiencies.
- Investigate complaints from staff, visitors concerning thefts, personal injury, break-ins, fire and safety hazards, etc.
- Interact with staff and visitors in a positive and customer service-oriented manner.
- Enforce safety and security regulations according to WeedMD and departmental policies.
- Other duties as required.
- Security experience required.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to manage Access Control Systems and CCTV Systems.
- Basic knowledge of computer software applications (Windows environment).
- Excellent communication (verbal/written), interpersonal, problem solving skills, and de-escalation techniques. Must be able to demonstrate Security's core values of honesty and integrity while ensuring the Safety and Security of WeedMD’s guests, staff and assets.
- Must be punctual and have an acceptable attendance record.
- Successful candidates, upon selection, will submit to an RCMP criminal background check and obtain Health Canada’s Security Clearance under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations.
- The successful candidate must possess a valid Ontario Security License.
- Valid First Aid & CPR Certificate.
- Must be flexible to work at both our Aylmer and Strathroy facilities
Please forward resume to email@example.com - Please specify "Security Guard role" in subject line of email.About Employer
WeedMD Inc. is the publicly-traded parent company of WeedMD Rx Inc., a federally-licensed producer and distributor of cannabis and cannabis oil for both the medical and adult-use markets under the Cannabis Act. The Company operates two facilities: a 26,000 sq. ft. indoor facility in Aylmer, Ontario and a state-of-the-art greenhouse facility located in Strathroy, Ontario. The Greenhouse currently has 44,000 square feet of licensed space in production and is expected to have a total footprint of more than 500,000 square feet online by year-end 2018. WeedMD has a multi-channeled distribution strategy that includes supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart and provincial distribution agencies, as well as through strategic relationships across the seniors’ market in Canada.