VIEWING VOLUNTEER DETAILS FOR:
VON Volunteers Needed - Variety of Positions Available
SHARE THIS OPPORTUNITY
VON volunteers play a vital role in the delivery of community support and home care services. They make a real difference in the lives of many in our community.
We have many volunteer opportunities to choose from including:
- Adult Day / Alzheimer's Day Program - Assist VON staff in supervising and delivering activities to clients atending the program
- Blood Pressure & Foot Care Clinics - Trained volunteers may help measure clients' blood pressure, provide education on healthy aging, greet clients and assist with administrative functions
- Community Nursing Flex Clinics - Greet clients and assist with administrative functions of the program
- Congregate Dining - Assist with a program offering nutritious meal and social activity to VON clients
- Meals on Wheels - Deliver hot or frozen meals as well as provide security checks and short visit with clients
- Office Administration - Answer telephones and perform clerical and administrative duties
- Security Checks / Reassurance - Provide a daily phone call to ensure the health and safety of VON clients
- SMART Exercise Program - Become a trained volunteer instructor for seniors' exercise programs
- Transportation - Drive clients to medical appointments, shopping, social activities or VON programs
- Volunteer Hospice Visiting - Provide support to clients and/or family members who are experiencing life altering, life threatening illness or who are bereaved. Specialized training is provided
- Volunteer Visiting - Visit an isolated senior, physically challenged adult or someone with dementia on a regularly scheduled basis to provide support, companionship and caregiver relief
- Public Relations/Marketing/Fundraising - Contriute to the planning of promotional/fundraising events, participate at information fairs, etc.
- Board of Directors/Advisory Committees - Provide leadership in establishing the future direction for the VON Middlesex-Elgin site.
To learn more about our volunteer opportunities and how you can make a difference,Requirements
No Degree Required, Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector CheckHow to Apply
How to Become a Volunteer with VON
- Contact the Manager or Coordinator of Volunteer Services at the VON site of your choice (see below).
- Attend an interview and successfully complete our screening process.
- Participate in training and orientation appropriate to your Volunteer position.
Middlesex County - Strathroy
274 Head Street North
Strathroy ON N7G 4L7
Toll Free: 1-800-265-7058
When you become a VON Volunteer, we will:
- Match your strengths, interests and available time to a volunteer role that’s right for you.
- Give you a clear picture of the position requirements and the training to do it well.
- Support you in your volunteer role through regular contact.
- Provide ongoing educational opportunities to assist you in your role and to introduce you to new opportunities and friends.
No Degree Required, Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Check