VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
School Age Educator, Supervisors and Supply Staff posted by YMCA of Southwestern Ontario
St Vincent YMCA Child Care is looking for a School-Age Educator to care for children age 4-12 years from September to June before and after the school day.
- Develop and facilitate a before and after school program for students 4 – 12 years of age in their school.
- Ensure the safety of students enrolled in the program through direct supervision, attendance protocols, and age-appropriate programming
- Implementation of the YMCA curriculum to meet the needs, interests, and talents of all children
- Working professionally with caregivers, school personnel, outside agencies, and other team members
- Solving parent concerns in a customer-focused manner
- Adhering to YMCASWO policies and practices
- Supporting and following Child Care & Early Years Act (2014) requirements
- Before & After School Program hours of operation: 7:15-9:15 am and/or 3:00-6:00 pm
- To ensure compliance with the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and health unit regulations
- Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work.
- Demonstrate some flexibility in supporting other YMCA locations, should the need arise
· August 30, 2021 - June 30, 2022 (School Year)
Monday through Friday (no weekends)
· AM Shift - 7:15am - 9:00am
· PM Shift - 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Possibility of additional full-day shifts on PD Days/Breaks - various locations/needsEducation RequirementNot Applicable Experience Requirement
- Hold a current Standard First Aid & CPR Level- C Certificate (from an approved WSIB approved agency)
- Current successful Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 6 months (Must be 18 years and older)
- Flexibility is required to support more than one location should the need arise
- Able to work AM or PM shifts Monday - Friday ( Educators and Supply)
- Able to work AM and PM shifts Monday - Friday ( Site Supervisors, Educators, Supply)
- Able to work some AM and/or some PM shifts of the week - please indicate - Supply
- Experience working with children in a work or school placement setting.
- All graduates of the Early Childhood Education Program must have a current registration or proof of registration in process, with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Or in pursuit of or holds an equivalent degree or diploma in a closely related field of study related to family and youth is preferred
Starting from $17.00 per hour (includes a provincial wage enhancement grant)
- A YMCA personal membership at our health and fitness branches
- A discount on our Childcare and Camp programs
Submit your cover letter, resume, and applicable attachments (First Aid certificate, CECE registration number, or proof of application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate position CESSAP082021 when submitting your application and indicate - Location and PositionAbout Employer
Why the Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities. Our locations, programs, and services are designed to help our members and participants grow in spirit, mind, and body and are open to people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities.
At the YMCA
· you will feel connected to the community when your work positively influences the lives of others in so many ways.
· you will meet new people while working at one of the most respected human services organizations in the world
· you will expand your knowledge base, where you can flourish in a values-based environment.
· you will have career development opportunities where you build a better future for yourself and others.
· you will experience a rewarding job by helping support the building of healthy communities.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is a multi-service, non-profit values-based charity that serves Windsor-Essex, Sarnia-Lambton, Chatham-Kent, London, Middlesex-Elgin, Huron-Perth, and Oxford counties. Our services include Childcare Services, school-age programs, camp programs, health and fitness branches, community programs, and newcomer services across the region. Our commitment includes a special focus on the region’s children and youth. From the kids in our camps and those participating in soccer and swimming lessons to youth who are new to our communities from around the world, the Y is committed to helping our next generation to grow and thrive, as healthy individuals and passionate future leaders.
Y” not join the thousands of members, employees, and volunteers and share our vision of a healthy community?