VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Personal Care Provider
A local family in Strathroy is offering a very rewarding opportunity to work one-on-one with their daughter – a sweet, fun-loving young lady in Strathroy. MA loves listening to stories, watching movies, swimming and bird watching, spending time with an energetic friend, reading and joking around with others. She also loves short car rides involving a fun adventurous outing in the community. 2-3 shifts per week.
- Complete personal care – feeding, dressing, hygiene, toileting, seizure care, etc.
- Medicine administration as directed by family
- Facilitate home-based leisure activities – books, music, movies
- Escort and engage in fun community outings as permitted and reasonable under current COVID restrictions
- Night time routine- need to be available for repositioning q2h, check GJ tube feeding q2h, vital signs, as well as personal care, etc.
- Part-time (up to 24 hrs/week)
- Expected start date: ASAP
The ideal candidate will be an outgoing person who likes to have fun, joke and enjoy time with a young adult. Training as needed will be provided by the family.Education RequirementNot Applicable Experience Requirement
- Ability to work in a family home and community taking direction from family
- Experience with JG tubes required
- Familiarity with seizure care preferred
- Must be reliable and committed
- Must be respectful and confidential in nature
- Valid First Aid/CPR certification, criminal record check and three references are required
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disability preferred
- Drivers License and vehicle required due to lack of accessible public transportation.
- Candidates with PSW/DSW/RPN certification will be given preference
Salary: TBD by experienceHow to Apply
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org describing why you would be a great fit for this opportunity.About Employer
It is mandatory that PPE face mask be worn during all shifts (provided).