VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Customer Service Representative, Corporate Services
As a member of the municipal Corporate Services team, this position will provide first point of contact in the office for the public. The assistant will assist the public with providing answers to their enquiries and assisting to solve any issues they may be concerned about. This position will receive and process all payments collected and coordinate, record and balance cash receipts. This position provides document support to the corporation including document capture, storage, filing and retrieval. This position performs a variety of clerical/administrative tasks using the computer accounting software system and records management system.
Corporate Support and Customer Service
- Acts as first point of contact in the office for the public, answering enquiries over the telephone or in person, providing routine information and referring caller/visitor to appropriate staff member when required
- Receives, logs and distributes incoming mail, faxes and emails to appropriate party either manually or electronically
- Processes all outgoing mail
- Coordinates items sent by courier and monitors
- Coordinates and prepares mailings i.e. taxes, utilities, planning
- Receives payments over the counter, through a variety of methods
- Posts all tax, utility and general payments to the journal and issues receipts using the municipal computer program.
- Process cash/debit cheque batches and prepares the deposit
- Ensures all cash deposits are reconciled and investigates issues.
- Ensures float is balanced daily
- Scanning/Capturing various municipal documents into an Electronic
- Document Management System (EDMS) – Laserfiche
- Ensure scan/capture quality and accuracy
- Input document metadata into Laserfiche
- Store and classify documents into Laserfiche according to The Ontario
- Municipal Records Management System (TOMRMS)
- Work with Clerk to identify document retention periods and assist with the destruction and archival of municipal records
- Assist municipal staff with various document searches and document requests
Other Related Responsibilities
- Performs all administrative support services which includes but not limited to the production of all forms, correspondence, reports, statements and presentation materials;
- Provides support to the Communications Specialist for communications, website and social media;
- Provides support to the Human Resource and Health and Safety Coordinator;
- Provides support corporate wide for municipal projects with respect to corporate and department initiatives and goals;
- Works with the Human Resource and Health and Safety Coordinator on the tracking of employee training.
- Provides administrative support in the preparation and administration of municipal reports and correspondence;
- Conducts general research to support municipal projects and initiatives;
- As required, provides assistance to other positions and carries out other related duties as assigned. As a member of the municipal team, will be responsible for serving the citizens of Middlesex Centre by meeting the resident’s needs and expectations, striving to be the best through attitude, training and creativity. Representing the municipality as a strong, integrated organization dedicated to high quality, viable services.
- Performs ordering for the municipal office such as; office supplies, kitchen supplies and coffee as required.
- Enrolled in post-secondary Office Administration program, or equivalent
- Computer literacy utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Minimum of a valid Ontario class G driver’s license in good standing.
Note: As a condition of employment, the incumbent must provide a successful criminal and vulnerable persons screening and background check while showing a clean driver’s abstract.How to Apply
Interested applicants, visit this website to submit your application