VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc is accepting applications for Full-Time or Spare Crossing Guards in in Mt Brydges.
The primary responsibility of the Crossing Guard is to provide for the safe movement of students when students are on their way to and from school. Crossing guards assist students crossing public roadways and intersections by observing gaps in the traffic and leading the students across the roadway or intersection. The Crossing Guard works approximately two (2) hours per day (1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon), Monday through Friday, during the public school year (September through June). Specific hours worked will be determined by area of assignment. A Spare Crossing Guard will fill in when a Full-Time Crossing Guard is unavailable for their shifts.
- Assist students who are on their way to and from school in safely crossing roadways and intersections;
- Watch for gaps in traffic and walk students across roadway or intersection while holding a “STOP” sign in such a manner as to be visible to approaching vehicles;
- Communicate traffic and crossing rules and other information to students and adults in a positive and effective manner;
- Keep knowledge levels current by participating in job-related training;
- Maintain a well-groomed, neat and clean appearance and wear the safety attire provided at all times;
- Exceptional customer service, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Energetic, positive attitude and ability to work independently;
- Safety conscious and sound judgement;
- Understand and comply with the Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc policies and procedures, and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work one (1) hour in the morning and/or afternoon.
- Must be able to stand/walk for a minimum of sixty (60) minutes in duration.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment including extreme temperatures and adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to extend an arm out parallel to shoulder height holding a “STOP” sign (weight of approximately 1 pound).
- Flexibility to accept last-minute shifts considered an asset.
- First Aid / CPR certification considered an asset.
- Provide a satisfactory criminal reference check with vulnerable persons screening prior to the start of employment.
Wage: Band 1 – $14.91 to $18.64 per hourHow to Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to:
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for employment purposes. The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.