VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Are you an experienced Trainer who is looking to build on your strong track record of “ Indigenous culture- based training focused on mental wellness and addictions”, in an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of Indigenous people within a strengths-based focused environment?
Thunderbird Partnership Foundation is a national non-profit organization serving First Nations in Mental Wellness. Our mandate is set by 3 frameworks:
1. Honouring Our Strengths: A Renewed Framework to Address Substance Use Issues Among First Nations in Canada
2. Indigenous Wellness Framework
3. First Nations Mental Wellness Continuum Framework
Our core stakeholders are First Nations communities and the network of First Nations adult and youth treatment centres. To support the mandate, Thunderbird has two office locations, one based in a First Nations community in southwestern Ontario, and the other in the city of London, Ontario. This position is based out of the Delaware Nation office, near the village of Bothwell.
- As a Thunderbird Partnership Foundation Trainer, you will be responsible for the delivery of Thunderbird Partnership Foundation’s accredited training curriculum within a fast paced First Nations organization.
- You will work on a team with others like yourself who are dedicated to work which has real value and meaning in the lives of others.
- You will apply all your experience, skills, talents, and passion for the benefit of others while learning from the expertise of your wellness focused team.
- You will enjoy the satisfaction that comes from knowing that your work is much more than just a job.
- Facilitate the articulation and delivery of curriculum and instructional training strategies that are consistent with the mission and vision of Thunderbird Partnership Foundation;
- Be responsible for delivering curriculum complete with materials, tutorials, instructions, and learning resources such as online modules and guides ensuring that training methodology and delivery is compatible with culturally relevant training curriculum.
To request a full job description, please contact: Annette Howlett at firstname.lastname@example.orgEducation RequirementPost Secondary Degree Experience Requirement
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in: Indigenous Studies/ Public Health/ Social Work or related disciplines;
- Two (2) years related experience;
- Fluency in a First Nations language is a definite asset;
- Hands-on experience managing multiple training/education events and environments;
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and tight timeframes;
- Ability to travel regularly;
- Knowledge of protocols and ethical practices relating to working with First Nations;
- Knowledge of various methods of teaching and instruction;
- Cultural Competence and ability to interact effectively particularly within First Nation communities/societies;
- Knowledge of First Nations traditions and customs including natural healing is a definite asset;
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent writing, presentation, and public speaking skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Creative problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of learning management systems and web/digital delivery tools;
- Possesses a genuine enthusiasm for lifelong learning;
- MS Office proficiency;
- Ability to function autonomously, to be flexible and adaptable to change;
- Ability to effectively maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to attend work locations not accessible by public transportation.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please email your resume and cover letter for confidential consideration.
Thunderbird Partnership Foundation (NNAPF)
22361 Austin Line
Bothwell, ON N0P 1C0
Closing date is: March 26, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
We value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace and are committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.