VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Adelaide Metcalfe is seeking to hire a municipal Treasurer who is responsible for the overall financial management and control services for the Township and its departments and services. Location of position is within the Municipality of Adelaide Metcalfe.
- Perform the statutory duties of the Treasurer under the provisions of the Municipal Act and other related statutes.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the treasury department and provide strong leadership and execution in the areas of general accounting, financial analysis, budgeting, financial reporting, municipal property taxation, asset management, reserve and reserve fund management, borrowing and credit management and optimization.
- Implement appropriate accounting policies, practices, procedures, reports, recommendations and by-laws.
- Monitor the annual operating, capital and reserve fund budgets for the Township.
- Coordinate the preparation of departmental estimates and complete an annual budget
- for presentation to Council.
- Participates in human resources management responsibilities including recruitment, training, conflict resolution, discipline, scheduling and performance management.
- Establish and maintain systems and records for accurately recording all financial transactions to reflect the financial situation of the Township to ensure the accuracy of all data.
- Attend and participate in all Council, Committee and Board meetings, and reports on any financial matters, as required.
- Develop long and short-term goals, objectives and plans for the treasury department.
- Monitor actual expenditure/revenues and provide regular and timely variance reports to
- the Chief Administrative Officer and the Senior Management Team.
- Provide quarterly variance reports and budget projections/forecasts to Council, with explanations and supporting documentation on notable variances and/or projected deficits or surpluses.
- Develop and present reports and information regarding progress and accomplishments of programs and projects; the status of current operations in relation to the approved budget and long-term plan; and other matters dealing with the management of the treasury function.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving payroll transfers to employee bank accounts and ensuring deduction and reporting requirements are met.
- Oversees the processing and payment of all accounts of the Township in accordance with policies and procedures approved by Council.
- Establish and maintain necessary by-laws, operating procedures, guidelines and standardized documents for the procurement of goods and services including calls for tenders and RFP’s, purchase requisition, spending limits and cooperative/joint purchasing.
- Prepare audit files and working papers for external auditors, coordinate an annual audit, and ensure the audited financial statements are delivered by the auditor to Council in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the annual Financial Statements and Financial Information Return.
- Manage all aspects of municipal property taxation and collection, payment in lieu, transfers, assessment, arrears, tax write-offs and tax sales, while ensuring compliance with all relevant provincial regulations.
- Develop and maintain the Municipality’s Asset Management Plan, and any other plans as required or approved by Council.
- Maintain an awareness of available and applicable grants, subsidies and transfers and ensure applications are made when appropriate and comply with reporting requirements.
- Performs as a strategic partner to lead innovation, involving influencing change and new processes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A University degree in Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field.
- Professional designation of CPA is highly preferred.
- Three to five years of municipal or other public sector financial management experience in an advanced and progressive capacity.
- Thorough knowledge of financial, accounting, auditing, public sector accounting and procurement principles and practices, applicable legislation/regulatory standards, asset management, investment and debt management, long range planning, provincial grant process, property taxation, budgets and local government functions and responsibilities.
- Proven ability to define and solve complex financial and business problems requiring quantitative, qualitative and process analysis to assist in the management of financial information.
- Superior presentation and communication skills and the demonstrated ability to clearly communicate a vision and lead others to define and achieve goals.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, project/time management, organizational, analytical, research, communication, presentation, problem-solving and report-writing skills.
The Township provides competitive compensation, complete with comprehensive health and dental benefits, and enrollment in the OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System) pension plan. The annual salary range for this position is $88,106.20 to $103,084.80.How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to Mr. Morgan Calvert, Chief Administrative Officer, by email at email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 12, 2021.
The Township is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise us of any accommodations that may be required. This information will be treated confidentially and only used for the purpose of providing an accessible recruitment experience
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those applicants to be interviewed will be acknowledged. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for candidate selection purposes only.About Employer
The Township of Adelaide Metcalfe is located at the west side of the County of Middlesex, north west of the Town of Strathroy. Situated along the 402 highway corridor, it covers an area of 17,793 hectares and has a population of approximately 2,995 people. The Township borders with the Municipality of North Middlesex to the north, the Municipality of Southwest Middlesex to the south, the Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc and the County of Lambton both to the west (Township of Warwick, and Municipality of Brooke-Alvinston).