VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
CNC Machinists produce machined parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machines; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. They ensure fabrication and delivery of quality products by observing protocols and taking precise measurements.
Reports To: Shop Supervisor
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications of tools, dies, prototypes or models
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and set up machine tools
- Position, secure, measure and work metal stock or castings to lay out for machining
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machine tools to cut, turn, mill, plane, drill, bore, grind or otherwise shape work piece to prescribed dimensions and finish
- Analyze specifications and decide on tooling according to knowledge of shop mathematics, metal properties, and machining procedures.
- Verify machined parts for conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as Vernier calipers, micrometers, and electronic measuring devices
- Fit and assemble or disassemble parts using hand tools
- Operates machines such as lathes, drill presses, punch presses, shapers and grinders to fabricate dies, tools, jigs and fixtures
- Clean, check and lubricate machines to maintain proper operation
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks
- Operate fork truck, cranes, and genie boom
- Follow all OHSA regulations and company Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understands and can interpret the fundamentals of GD&T
- Previous experience as a CNC operator/machinist (an asset)
- Trade certification (an asset)
- Ability to program CNC machines (an asset)
- Proficiency with cam software, and the ability to review technical documentation including project plans, test procedures and design documents (an asset)
Interested candidates, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout Employer
Established in 1988, Parmerit is a leader in custom machining, fabrication, and automation. Parmerit works with the latest technology to design and fabricate automated systems and parts for a diverse client base across a variety of industries, including automotive, pharmaceutical, aerospace, and defense. Through the past 30 years, we have been dedicated to being an elite supplier of service, quality, and technical expertise.