VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Direct Care Worker - Multiple Positions
For more than fifty years, Anago has been helping at-risk children, youth and vulnerable adults navigate critical transitions in their lives by making connections that support healthy living. As a registered charity, Anago provides services and support for people to achieve independence through integration into communities of support. We work out of many different locations based in London, Middlesex and Huron Counties, with referral case intake from all over Ontario.
Due to Covid-19 and resulting community service restrictions, external applicants will be offered temporary positions as permanent hire documentation requirements cannot be fulfilled at this time.
Successful candidates will be responsible for providing supports within group living or independent living locations to youth and adults with development, physical and behavioural challenges. Supports and services occur 24/7 and includes evenings, weekends, overnights (sleep or awake) and public holidays.
- Able to establish therapeutic relationships on the basis of respect and trust
- Post Secondary education in a related field, such as CYW, SSW, DSW, PSW or equivalent
- Ability to lead individuals through a process of self-evaluation and goal setting
- Ability to work independently in the diversity of services on shift, as well as within a team
- Demonstrated understanding of support requirements specific to individuals with developmental challenges
- Experience supporting individuals with daily living while pursuing leisure and recreational opportunities
- Ability to write clear, concise observations of behaviour
- Strong advocacy skills
- Proven computer skills, MS Office preferred
- Ability to use sound judgment and make independent decisions based on established policies and procedures
- Strong organizational, communication, and problem solving a skills; attention to detail
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Certificate, NCI (CPI) Certificate
- Post Secondary in a related field or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in developmental services, suupporting individuals with complex and high behavioural needs
- Bilingualism is an asset
- A valid Ontario (G) Driver's License
- A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Starting wages for Relief and Part-time: $20.84/hr + 4% vacation payHow to Apply
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org