VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Assistant Head Lifeguard (Seasonal)
The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc is looking for someone who shares our values of teamwork, respect, honesty and commitment. You will be joining a team of dedicated, professional and committed co-workers, willing to go the extra mile to serve residents and ratepayers. Our mission is to lead and serve our communities by pursuing opportunities, leveraging partnerships and managing our resources to achieve growth. The bar is set high, but we strive to reach it together.
If you are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow and promote positive change in a friendly, safe environment, we'd love to hear from you!
The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc is currently accepting applications for two (2) seasonal " Assistant Head Lifeguards"
Primary responsibility of the assistant Head Lifeguard is to assist with the effective and safe delivery of swim programs and pool services at the Strathroy- Caradoc Fair Grounds aquatic Park.. The Assistant Head Lifeguard shall work under the supervision of the Aquatic Supervisor or his/her designate. The Assistant Head Lifeguard shall work in the capacity of a Head Lifeguard (in the absence of the Aquatic Supervisor and the Head Lifeguard) or Lifeguard/Instructor as scheduled by the Aquatic Supervisor. The Assistant Head Lifeguard shall work in a cooperative and positive team effort with all other staff, customers, and stakeholders for the successful delivery of Department programs and recreation facilities.
As a member of the Municipal team, each employee is responsible for serving the citizens of Strathroy-Caradoc by meeting the ratepayers' needs and expectations, as articulated by Council, by striving to be the best in everything we do through attitude, training and creativity, and for representing the Municipality as strong, integrated organization dedicated to quality, sustainable and viable service.
Must possess the following aquatic qualifications:
- Lifesaving society's National Lifeguard - Pool Certification
- Red Cross Water safety Instructor Certification
- Standard First Aid/CPR-C Certification
- Lifesaving Society's Lifesaving Instructor, First Aid Instructor, Bronze Examiner Certifications considered an asset.
- Must be physically able to perform the requirements of the position- this is tested both at the beginning of the season during training as well as during the season in-service
- Minimum 1 year experience in the delivery of aquatic programs and services
- Experience in delivery of aquatic programs and services considered an asset
- Exceptional customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Energetic, positive attitude and ability to work independently
- Valid class "G" Ontario Driver's Licence considered an asset
- Ability to work day, evening, weekend and on-call shifts
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector check required prior to starting employment
To view full job description please visit www.strathroy-caradoc.ca
Base on assignment:
Lifeguard/instructor Wage: $14.42- $19.60 per hour - Grid Level "i"
Head Lifeguard Wage: $15.77 - $21.15 per hour - Grid Level "H"
Qualified candidates are invited to e-mail their cover letter and resume by 4:00 pm Friday, February 28, 2020 to:
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for employment purposed. The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their need known in advance.Education RequirementNot Applicable How to Apply