VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Deputy Clerk - Maternity Leave Coverage (Contract up to 14 Months)
Thames Centre is a thriving and growing municipality located on the eastern edge of the County of Middlesex and proximity to the City of London. Thames Centre is a mixed urban and rural municipality with a population of approximately 14,000 residents. Reporting to the Clerk/Cemetery Manager, the Full-Time Contract Deputy Clerk will support the Clerk with all statutory responsibilities under Municipal Act, Planning Act and other pertinent Acts and provide administrative services to Council and Advisory Committees as required and/or in the absence of the Clerk.
A complete job description is available at www.thamescentre.on.caEducation RequirementPost Secondary Degree Experience Requirement
- University Degree or College Diploma in Public or Business Administration, or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Completion of AMCTO’s Municipal Administration Program or specialized courses such as parliamentary procedures would be an asset
- Experience in a municipal environment, preferably a Municipal Clerk’s Office or Planning Department would be an asset
- Working knowledge of the Municipal Act and processes related to Council and Committee meetings, Ontario Lottery and Gaming Regulations, the Planning Act, Official Plans, Zoning By-laws and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Knowledge of municipal records management an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication and windows-based computer skills
- High level of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills
$58,440.20 to $65,756.66How to Apply
Qualified candidates may forward a complete resume no later than 4:00 pm on Wednesday, October 23, 2019 to: Tena Michiels, Clerk/Cemetery Manager at email@example.comAbout Employer
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit their resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Information gathered is under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used for candidate selection purposes.
The Municipality of Thames Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Should you require any special accommodations in order to apply for a position or interview for a position with the Municipality of Thames Centre, we will endeavour to make such accommodations.