VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Production Welders Needed - Temporary Positions Available
Looking for motivated, focused workers to come and work with Penta for a period of 6 to 8 weeks in our Glencoe plant. This an opportunity for workers who demonstrate skill and great work ethic to be hired on permanently by our company. If you become a permanent employee of our company, you will receive health and dental benefits, RRSP.
Our Penta TMR Production Welders are vital to delivering a superior product to our customers across the world. While all positions at Penta TMR require working as part of a team to meet department and plant objectives, your individual responsibilities as a Production Welder may include the proper and safe fitting and joining of various components/parts together with select welding processes and procedures.
- Build welded assemblies for new products and changes to existing products per engineering documents and established production standards
- Operating other necessary equipment and performing tasks necessary to complete parts to specifications
- Preparing and setup of necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs
- Arranging of parts for welding and staging processes
- Propose potential quality or productivity enhancements i.e. continual improvements
- Review of finished assemblies and parts to ensure accuracy against drawings and BOMs
- Report fabrication issues and assist in resolutions as required
- Participate in and attend cross functional meetings as required
- Attend work on the schedule established by the employer and without excessive absenteeism
- Follow all safe work practices
- Obtain parts and materials
- Use disc grinder to smooth out or grind parts prior to welding
- Operate manual and automated welding units and equipment by depositing metal from electrode to work piece and joins edges of work piece
- Maintain length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead
- Weld in flat and vertical planes (all position welding)
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications
- Grind or clean weld joint of work piece
- Repair improperly welded pieces and fill holes
- Position and clamp work pieces together or assemble them in a jig fixture
- Tack assemblies together (as required)
- Assemble component parts using hand and small power tools (as required)
- May change hoses, fittings, air valves, suspension parts, etc. (as required)
- Clean up work area daily
- Perform other duties as requested by the Production Manager
- Monday to Friday, 6:30 am – 4 :00 pm (44 hour week)
- Education/Experience: Minimum grade 12 or Equivalent, welding course or CWB certified; Minimum 3 years’ experience in Welding and Fitting trade; Familiarity with the use of Jigs and fixtures; or a combination of the listed Education and Experience Qualifications
- Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to read engineering drawings. Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with peers and management.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to use a calculator and calculate percentages and ratios.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to the needs of surrounding employees, other departments and remaining flexible to the needs of the business. Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision
- Physical Demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stopping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders. Vision abilities include close vision, colour vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs. Must be able to push and pull a minimum of 100 lbs.
- Other Skills/Attributes: Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding craftsmanship, a Valid Forklift Licence, WHMIS 2015, Standard First Aid & CPR, Confined Space Awareness Training, Lockout Tagout Training, Safe Operation of Overhead Cranes would be an asset.
$20.00/hourHow to Apply
"Email resume to: email@example.com