VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Municipal Law Enforcement Officer
The Municipal Law Enforcement Officer is responsible to identify and investigate alleged municiap by-law violations; negotiate compliance through verbal and written communication and proceed with legal action in accordance with applicable legislation and regulations.
If this employment opportunity is of interest to you, we invite you to view the complete job description on our website www.northmiddlesex.on.ca Municipal Employment Opportunities.
Tentative Start Date: July 2019Education RequirementPost Secondary Diploma Experience Requirement
- Completion of a Municipal Law Enforcement Officer Program or a college diploma in the field of law enforcement; graduate of the Ontario Police College or other recognized police training facility
- MLEO certification through the Municipal Law Enforcement Officers' Association of Ontario preferred
- Certification as a Property Standards Officer is preferred (or ability to obtain certification within first year)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Municipal By-law Enforcement and Licensing position or related enforcement experience (preferably in a municipal environment).
For a complete listing of Qualifications/Skills, see job description.Salary Details
Part time - 21 hours/week
- This position is classified in Schedule A of the Collective Agreement. Probation Rate: $19.01; Job Rate: $22.37/hour
- Upon completion of probationary period, regular part time employees receive five (5) percent their hourly wage in lieu of benefits
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this position on or before Friday, July 5, 2019 @ 12:00 pm to email@example.comAbout Employer
We thank all candidates in advance, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Municipality of North Middlesex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations will be provided upon request in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will only be used for the purposes of the candidate selection.