VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Full Time Camp Director
As we continue to grow, we have a need for the following position:
- Coordinate daily operations of day camp program
- Coordinate and schedule field trip opportunities
- Direct supervisor to staff team, including ongoing guidance, coaching and performance management
- Direct program facilitation
- Communicating and problem solving with summer day camp families
- Supporting program marketing efforts
- Responsible for operating budget
- Ongoing risk management and crisis response following YMCA procedures
- Prepare reports and perform administrative duties
- Ensure quality standards are achieved
- Some evening and weekend work may be required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR B or C
- Summer camp (day or residential) experience
- Post-secondary studies in Recreation/Education an asset
- Well-developed organization and time management skills
- Clear Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Persons Screening
- Excellent references from a Camp or Outdoor Education Setting
- A child and youth focus
- Business orientation
- Concern for Health and Safety
- Customer Service Orientation
- A complimentary YMA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y's philosophy of health and well-being
- A discount on our Childcare and Camp programs
- Benefits and Pension Plan available upon completion of probation
- Submit resume and cover letter to Kathy Willemse at email@example.com
- Deadline for application is April 26, 2019
Why the Y?
- A place where you are a part of one of the most respected human services organizations in the world;
- A place where your work positively influences the lives of others in so many ways;
- A place where you can flourish in a values-based environment
- A place where you will build a better future not only for yourself but also for those you serve.
At the YMCA ...
- You will feel connected to community
- You will meet new people
- You will expand your knowledge base
- You will have career development opportunities
- You will experience a rewarding job by helping support the building of healthy communities.
Imagine accomplishing all of this while having fun in a challenging and dynamic atmosphere! This is "Why the YMCA".
With health and fitness branches, camps, child care centres, community programs and newcomer services across the region, reaching from Windsor in the WEst, North to Goderich, South to Point Pelee National Park and East to Woodstock, the YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities. Our locations, programs and services are designed to help our members and participants grow in spirit, mind and body and are open to people of all backgrounds, beliefs and abilities.
This commitment includes a special focus on the region's children and youth. From the kids in our camps and those participating in soccer and swimming lessons, to youth who are new to our communities from around the world, the Y is committed to helping our next generation to grow and thrive, as healthy individuals and passionate future leaders.
In the past year, the YMCA of Southwestern ONtario has supported more than 165,000 participants with opportunities to learn, grow and live healthy lifestyles.
"The Y has given me more than I could imagine. It has helped my children have a happy, healthy Mom - and you can't put a price on that". ~ Mary
"Y" not join these participants, our nearly 91,000 members and over 2500 employees and volunteers in the region to share our vision of a healthy community?