VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
We’re looking for a Cook. Working at the direction of the Dining Services Manager, the cook is responsible for ensuring the exceptional preparation and delivery of the resident and guest dining experience using production checks and standardized recipes.
- We offer complete training to right fit candidates
- Group discounts on home & auto insurance
- Corporate discounts for Goodlife Fitness memberships
- Preparing meals for residents and guests ensuring dietary needs are met
- Ensuring residents are satisfied with all the aspects of food preparation and presentation
- Ordering and receiving food and supplies
- Ordering and preparing food for booked catering events
- Operating and cleaning food production equipment and food preparation areas
- Complying with all food preparation standards and health and safety requirements
- All other duties as assigned or consistent with work routines and job descriptions
With a warm and welcoming atmosphere, Seasons Strathroy balances its elegant decor with a comfortable feeling of being home. Seasons Strathroy delivers a carefree lifestyle, offering quality care and excellent service as well as the peace of mind that comes from knowing we can meet our residents’ needs, now and in the future.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive wages
- Employee rewards & referral programs
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to promote high quality care while maintaining a safe and healthy environment for residents, resident families, visitors and staff.
Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills are essential, as is excellence in achieving continuous quality improvements. Related experience within the seniors housing industry is an asset.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.Education RequirementNot Applicable Experience Requirement
Qualifications or Skills Required.
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness
- Must be able to operate related equipment
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations
- Must have current Safe Food Handler’s Certification
- Safe Food Handling Certification
Kindly visit the Careers page of our website at www.seasonsretirement.com/company/careers to apply. Click on the “Apply to work with us” slider. You can search for opportunities and submit an application for positions that interest you.About Employer
Seasons Retirement Communities is a growing senior housing company that believes Happy Team Members = Happy Residents. We want our team members to have work-life balance, feel supported on the job and love what they do. We expect a lot from our team members because we believe our residents deserve the very best. If you are prepared to go above and beyond to make a difference, Seasons is the place for you.
We hire individuals who are enthusiastic about working with seniors. At Seasons, our team members make a difference in our residents’ lives through meaningful connections and creating “Wow Moments” that matter. We support, encourage and celebrate these efforts because they have a positive impact on residents and team members alike. Simply put, it feels great to make a positive difference in the life of a senior.