VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Student Parks and Recreation Maintenance (3 positions)
The Municipality is seeking post-secondary students to assist in the maintenance, cleanliness and integrity of the Municipality's parks, recreation facilities, and cemeteries.
- Push mow where required, between the fence’s and around the playgrounds where circle turn mower misses, and around the two libraries.
- Pick up all garbage before cutting grass.
- Parks maintenance including grass cutting, trim grass were needed, empty all garbage cans, weed flower beds as needed.
- Plan day including route for grass cutting in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Clean all park washrooms and pavilions.
- Drag ball diamonds when required and record weekly playground inspection.
- Power-wash the pavilions, washrooms and splash park as needed.
- Perform maintenance as required or assigned by Facilities operators.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Recreation Manager or other recreational department staff.
- Driving municipal vehicles and equipment, or performing manual work in an open outside environment in all types of weather, or on an as needed basis, with the occasional periods in an inside setting
- Attend staff and training meetings as required.
- Steel-toe boots are required.
- Enrolled in Post-Secondary School, preferably with a background in trades and occupations.
- Experience in maintaining buildings, parks, and playing fields
- Maintains a valid Class G license.
$14.00 per hour
40 hours per weekHow to Apply
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope by: Friday, March 29, 2019 at 4:30p.m. to:
Municipality of North Middlesex
Attn: Donna VanHooydonk
“Summer Student-Parks and Recreation”
229 Parkhill Main St. Parkhill, ON N0M 2K0
Office hours 8:30 – 4:30 (Monday - Friday)
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout Employer
The Municipality of North Middlesex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations will be provided upon
request in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Personal information is
collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will only be
used for the purposes of candidate selection.