VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
WeedMD is recruiting Cultivation Technicians to assist the Production Manager in all aspects of crop production including, but not limited to, seeding, cutting, transplanting, watering, pest scouting, nutrient and water testing, recording and measuring plant data, room and equipment cleaning and sterilization.
- Adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures for the Good Production Practices (GPP) operations of WEEDMD RX INC. at all times.
- Ensure that the handling of the Marihuana Product is in accordance with the WEEDMD RX INC. Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform duties related to the care and maintenance of Marihuana. Maintain Marihuana plants in grow rooms. Watering, harvesting, trimming, cloning, pest scouting, water testing, recording and measuring plant data and room and equipment cleaning and sterilization.
- Cleaning and maintenance of all areas of the WEEDMD RX INC. facility including the exterior when necessary. Cleaning of equipment and supplies.
- Generate and maintain Good Production Practices documents for the product pursuant to the job function.
- Cooperate with Quality Assurance at all times in response to the status of the Marihuana Products (e.g. Release, Hold).
- Cooperate with Quality Assurance on all GPP issues when requested to do so by Quality Assurance, the Senior Person in Charge, Responsible Person in Charge or the Alternate Responsible Person in Charge.
- Ensure the security measures are being followed in accordance with the WEEDMD RX INC. Security Standard Operating Procedures.
- Other duties as directed by manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of Horticulture/Agricultural experience.
- Horticulture degree required.
- Must be punctual and have an acceptable attendance record.
- Successful candidates, upon selection, will submit to an RCMP criminal background check and obtain Health Canada’s Security Clearance under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations.
- Valid First Aid & CPR Certificate considered an asset.Knowledge of health and safety best practices.
- Ability to communicate with team to ensure proper flow of information.
Email resumes to email@example.com - Please identify "Cultivation Technician" in the subject line.About Employer
WeedMD Inc. is the publicly-traded parent company of WeedMD Rx Inc., a federally-licensed producer and distributor of cannabis and cannabis oil for both the medical and adult-use markets under the Cannabis Act. The Company operates two facilities: a 26,000 sq. ft. indoor facility in Aylmer, Ontario and a state-of-the-art greenhouse facility located in Strathroy, Ontario. The Greenhouse currently has 44,000 square feet of licensed space in production and is expected to have a total footprint of more than 500,000 square feet online by year-end 2018. WeedMD has a multi-channeled distribution strategy that includes supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart and provincial distribution agencies, as well as through strategic relationships across the seniors’ market in Canada.