- Posted on:
Mar 03, 2023
- Application Deadline:
Apr 04, 2023
- Position Type:
- Position Category:
- JOB TOOLS
Login or Register for an Account to save this job or apply directly if the employer has made the option available.
VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Conservation Area Summer Maintenance
The St. Clair Region Conservation Authority (SCRCA) is looking to add to their team, two Conservation Area Summer Maintenance staff. The Summer Maintenance positions are responsible for performing general campground maintenance. Work outside and enjoy the summer weather alongside great people and co-workers. SCRCA offers a professional, safe, and fun working environment.
Position Title: Conservation Area Summer Maintenance (4 positions)
Job Type: Seasonal (June 30, 2023 to September 4, 2023)
Department: Conservation Areas
Immediate Supervisor: Conservation Area Superintendent
Start Date: June 30, 2023
AW Campbell Conservation Area, 8477 Shiloh Line, Brooke-Alvinston, ON (1)
LC Henderson Conservation Area, 3653 Petrolia Line, Petrolia, ON (1)
Warwick Conservation Area, 6101 Warwick Village Rd, Warwick, ON (2)
- Perform maintenance duties including washroom and grounds cleaning, cutting or trimming grass/vegetation, cleaning fire pits, garbage collection, nature trail maintenance, etc.
- Provide quality customer service
- Assist in sewage pumping
- Assist the general public by providing information on policies, regulations, facilities, and general information
- Open and close facilities as required
- May be required to assist in the organization, promotion, and delivery of social activities and events
- Carry out all assigned duties in accordance with accepted safety practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
Hours: 40 hours per weekEducation RequirementNot Applicable Experience Requirement
- Must possess a valid class G driver’s licence
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions and be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to work alone
- Work duties take place outdoors in varying weather conditions
The Canada Summer Jobs Program funds this position. Applicants must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Salary: $16.50 per hourHow to Apply
Additional information about the SCRCA is available on the website at www.scrca.on.ca.
Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining how your experience meets the necessary qualifications to:
email@example.com indicating the Competition Number and position title in the subject line of your email, or
St. Clair Region Conservation Authority
205 Mill Pond Crescent
Strathroy, ON, N7G 3P9
or fax to 519-245-3348
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The St. Clair Region Conservation Authority is an Equal Opportunity EmployerAbout Employer
SCRCA has established a Vaccination Policy for staff in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, should you be the successful candidate for the position, you will receive a conditional offer of employment contingent on your providing us with proof of full vaccination. If you are seeking an exemption from vaccination due to the application of the Ontario Human Rights Code, you will be required to provide satisfactory evidence of the reason for such an exemption upon receipt of the conditional offer.