VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Davey Tree Expert Company of Canada, Ltd. is looking for a Groundsperson/Arborist Assistant to join their team!
As a Grounds Person you will be working to support the operations below; you will play an important part in both site set up and assistance to both climbers and trimmers. You will play a vital role in the safe execution of work for our crews and members of the public or clients. This role will provide newcomers to the tree industry with a better understanding of what we do at Davey and provide the right individuals with a career advancement opportunities and training.
- Groundwork support for trimming operations.
- Chainsaw and Chipper operation/loading brush.
- Assist Crew leader in job- site setup, debris removal, cleanup and equipment maintenance.
- Abide by industry safety policies and procedures.
- Raking up/ leaf blowing job sites.
- Rigging down limbs.
- Valid provincial driver’s license. Licensed to drive a 5-ton vehicle and air brake endorsement considered an asset.
- Willingness to work towards becoming a certified arborist.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Previous landscape/horticulture experience considered an asset.
- Ability to work safely as part of a team and possess the willingness to learn and progress.
- Davey provides ongoing training and careers advancement opportunities
- Full time. Year-round employment.
- Seasonal positions also available
- Excellent Benefits package and RRSP Matching Program
- Employee owned company with stock purchase available after 1 year of service.
- Employee Referral Program and other employee perks
Interested applicants, please submit your resume by email to email@example.com