VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Atlas Engineered Products (AEP) is one of the fastest growing, publicly traded, supplier of trusses, windows, doors and engineered products in Canada. With manufacturing and distribution facilities throughout the country, AEP is looking for an Industrial Maintenance team member to join our Pacer Building Components Operation in Ilderton, ON.
As a keystone role that connects the operations and maintenance team, this position is essential to our smooth day-to-day operations. As Maintenance Worker for this busy facility, clear communication, cooperation, and collaboration will be crucial for success.
- Develop and execute the annual maintenance schedule with a keen eye towards consistent scheduling of preventative and predictive maintenance;
- Perform ongoing maintenance assessments, inspections, and improvements in accordance with the annual maintenance schedule;
- Safely operate a variety of tools during inspections or assessments, cleaning, maintenance activities, or installation or movement of equipment;
- Complete regular maintenance as follows:
Chainsaws – sharpening blades, regular cleaning, preventative maintenance;
Forklifts – oil changes, filter changes, mechanical cleaning, preventative maintenance;
Shop equipment – safety inspections, mechanical inspections, mechanical cleaning, preventative maintenance;
Facility – general maintenance as required;
- Inspect and examine machinery, equipment, and facilities to detect, investigate and correct irregularities and malfunctions;
- Liaise with key members of all departments and cooperate in their improvement plans;
- Determine the priority and process needed to complete work orders on time;
- Operate a forklift, as required, in a smooth, safe and controlled manner (suitable for the weather conditions at hand) with consideration given to other employees, company product, and company equipment;
- Other job duties as required.
The typical minimum level of education to perform this job competently is grade 10 level education, and/or equivalent, in addition to the following:
- 5+ years of maintenance experience with all facets of equipment, tools, machinery, and facilities within a manufacturing facility;
- Ability to read, interpret and execute
- Current forklift Operator License;
- Physical and manual dexterity to complete all assigned tasks;
- Ability to safely lift weight of up to 50 lbs to waist height;
- Experience with air and power tools;
- Strong problem-solving skills to resolve errors or omissions within task assignments;
- Strong desire to adhere to all health and safety programs in accordance with provincial regulations;
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to perform detail-oriented and/or repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy;
- Ability to learn, adopt, and apply new technologies, practices and solutions in an effective manner;
- Acquires and retains knowledge and understanding through instruction, and/or experience;
- Ability to take direction and collaborate with Maintenance Manager;
- Ability to collaboratively work with people of all ages, backgrounds, and perspectives;
- Consistently demonstrates ethical practice and integrity in their work;
- Experience with growing companies supporting builders, construction, or multi-site manufacturing organizations;
- Demonstrates a willingness to understand and align all efforts to the goals and objectives of the AEP Group;
- Fluency in English in both written and oral communication (speed, accuracy, and proper expression) and the ability to work effectively with other staff.
Wage: Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.How to Apply
If this role sounds like it’s right up your alley but you’re worried about missing a few of the qualifications we’re looking for, please reach out anyways! Research shows that women and other marginalized groups only apply for roles when they are able to meet every single criteria item listed. We hire based on talent and we’re excited to hear what you will bring to our team. We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life.
Interested applicants, please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org